Thursday, December 23, 2010

How long can 2 smags go without internet in their apartment?

... Over 3 years!  That's how long!


So after moving into our new apartment from the one down the street, VznDSL was frustratingly unable to move our service from one to the other.  I collectively wasted over 15 hours of my life on hold or talking to someone from VznDSL (this is a conservative estimate).  In a silly act of defiance, Alex and I decided that we didn't need it anyways - living for the time being, off my Blackberry.  I'm still pretty impressed that we've gone this long without cable or internet.


But everything changes next week.  We've decided to get REAL internet service --- no more trying to steal wifi from neighbors, no more heading to Starbucks in emergencies, no more begging friends of friends in our neighborhood to use their computers (cuz really, that was awkward, even if James' friends are the nicest people in the world!).  We will be able to take work from HOME!  This is good -- because a true smag is connected in at least 3 different ways (my guess is (1) iPhone/BB; (2) High speed internet; (3) 2nd iPhone/BB...).  With the addition of #2, Alex and I will be connected in the proper smag way.  Well, I have an iPod touch instead of #3, but with wifi, I'll be able to dl apps to my heart's content! Congrats to US for finally getting internet!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Lydia. I wouldn't have lasted as long. I hope you do something with all that saved money.

    -susie

    ReplyDelete