Tuesday, November 30, 2010

All smags are interchangeable... right?

Since our last post, Alex has now started in a position at my organization. (I'll take the credit for tempting her with the perks and working environment of a place like this - and convincing her to overcome guilt of leaving her job relatively soon after starting to go somewhere she deserves, etc etc...) Despite my 4 month headstart at this place, and the fact that we look NOTHING alike, act nothing alike and have totally separate positions that rarely interface - we joked about having people confuse us since we're the two smags.  And all smags are interchangeable,... right? 

We'd actually made it almost a full month before it happened. Today in a staff meeting, for which I am responsible - meaning, I take the minutes, and set up the dial-in number for our remote access employees to call in to the meeting - the Director's assistant asked (in front of everyone) Alex if she had set up the dial-in.  It took me a full 5 seconds to understand what was going on.  I saw Alex's face get really confused, and then leaned forward and said... "Wait.  You mean me, right? (semi-awkward pause) Yes, I've set up the call but I don't think anyone has joined yet." 

And then everyone in the room that understood that she had just mixed up the two asian girls tried not to make eye contact. Hahaha.  It was bound to happen SOMEtime... 

No comments:

Post a Comment