Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Classic Lydia moments

(I'll expand this later...)

- One thing we've realized after 4 years of living in NYC, is that drinking in any city other than New York always seems ridiculously cheap by comparison. After all 5 of us took advantage of an unbelievable 2-for-$4 beer special at a dive bar in Baltimore, and were on our way to check out other bars in Federal Hill:

Lydia: "How does that go again? 'Beer before liquor...' Oh, crap, I forget. No, wait...'Beer before liquor, we gon' be aite.' That's the new one!"

- The most efficient way for a SMAG to get from the city to the country/upstate for a weekend visit is to take Metro North. Being perpetually on Asian time, however, we have a lot of near-misses with train schedules. Whereas I'm more inclined to take my sweet time, make a half-hearted attempt to catch my train but eventually give up and just hop on the next one instead, Lydia will always hustle her ass off, which usually ends up paying dividends. Case in point, I got this text from her a few minutes after a successful but particularly close call:

"hahaha! Sucka! I JUST made the train. But a bunch of tourists musta thought that Usain Bolt shrank and turned Asian. I friggin' TORE through Grand Central!"

- Lydia's favorite be-all, end-all way to close down any sports argument and preclude further debate:

"Blackspeed ALWAYS wins."

- Alex: "Realistically, I have a better chance with Robinson Cano than you have with Joe Mauer, since at least Cano is in New York."
Lydia: "True, also since Cano is kinda a whore and Mauer would rather ride a lawnmower than anything else...Oooooh, I totally didn't mean 'ride' like thaaaat."

No comments:

Post a Comment