Friday, September 3, 2010

Innovative Yankee Cheers...

So another smag and I were at the Yankee game yesterday afternoon.  I've been to a fair share of Yankee games, and have done my fair share of cheers, but yesterday was a standout cheering day.  Besides the fact that the Yankees beat the A's 5-0, some middle-aged redneckish lookin' dude in the next section over (who was clearly trying to liven up the game a little bit) made up the following cheers (a sampling of the funny ones).  Imagine them in his rough carrying voice.  And imagine us saying, "what? what is he saying?" followed by a lot of laughing.


1. "When I say WHORE, you say HEY! Jor--Ge! Jor --Ge!"  (Jorge Posada, right before his homerun)
2. "When I say LANCE, you say ALOT! Lance-alot! Lance-alot!"  (Lance Berkman... we didn't get this one til it got to Lancelot ... which helped for his next cheer which went something like...)
3. "When I say SIR, you say LANCELOT! Sir--Lancelot! Sir--Lancelot!"  (funny to squeeze in the syllables there)


and my favorite...


4. "When I say VEGETABLE, you say GARDNER! Vegetable--Gardner! Vegetable--Gardner!" (Brett Gardner)

No comments:

Post a Comment