Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The problem with going to concerts with 'young people'...

The problem with going to concerts that a lot of teenagers will be going to (for example, Matt & Kim at Terminal 5, which is where Alex and I are right now), is tri-fold.

1) We have problems using our legitmate IDs to get wristbands. The girls at the front door stared at, bended, compared Alex and my IDs for a solid 3 minutes. Then the girl announced to Alex, "This says that you're 27 years old..." To which of course, we just stared in confusion. "Uhhh, but I am 27..." And then I have to say, "Hey they took that picture when I was 16, give me a break." That's what I said to my girl, anyways. Seriously, I'm flattered, but we're old - just give us the wristbands and shut up.

2) We don't just look young, but we also feel old. More than once during the pre-concert DJ set did I yell down to all the kids on the mainfloor - "You were, like, 5 YEARS OLD when this came out!" Also, nothing weirder or funnier than 400 teenagers screaming "ohhh skeet skeet motherf*cker!" to a song that came out when they were 8 years old. Inappropriate and yet so hilarious.

3) The realization that this nerdy asian boy up here in the VIP section could use some serious fistpumping lessons from the Jersey Shore crew. He keeps punching straight out just slightly above his own eye-level in sharp jerky movements. Its probably the best part of the night. Matt & Kim haven't even come out yet, but I'ma call this one early. Poor funny uncoordinated asians. C'mon! We have better rhythm than that!

More later, gonna actually pay attention now.

No comments:

Post a Comment